This is an amazing story of passion, struggle, fortitude and above all, endurance! No one ever said that following your dreams would be easy and Toni Braxton’s story is a perfect example of working hard for everything that you have. (Thanks for sharing, The Jasmine Brand) Check out the full version of Vh1’s Behind the Music: Toni Braxton.
Being a fairly new blogger is a scary thing! Will people pay attention to me? Do they like what I’m saying? What will the world think? To put your thoughts and beliefs out there for everyone to see requires a certain level of confidence and not really caring what others think. Sure, you want people to read your posts, but when it’s all said and done…I write because I want to! Of course, I hope that others can find inspiration in my posts and interviews, but my desire for a higher purpose far exceeds a want of popularity!
With that said, what better way to learn about this secret society than to seek the advice of those who are doing it and doing it well? I reached out to a successful blogger on Twitter (a couple of weeks ago) and she was kind enough to do a mini Twitter-view with me! Here are the questions I asked and the info that The Jasmine Brand offered up:
1. How long did it take for you to break onto the blogging scene?
@thejasminebrand: It will be two years this summer. I became serious about blogging about a year ago.
2. What advice can you offer new bloggers, i.e. gaining more followers? Gaining visibility?
@thejasminebrand: 1. Be consistent. 2. Be interested in what you cover. 3. Market yourself in non-traditional ways. 4. Be creative.
3. How are you so successful at getting celebrity support/interviews?
@thejasminebrand: When I first started, I would have to damn near beg for interviews. @KennyBurns gave me my first one as a favor because he was friends with my publicist and it’s still not easy. Like any industry, you have to prove yourself and keep at it. I’ve been blessed, lucky, etc. and I just work hard at it and it’s worked thus far and I’m my authentic, corny self.
4. Is there room for non-controversial blogs such as mine?
@thejasminebrand: I wouldn’t call your site “non-controversial” LOL, but yes there is room. You just
have to determine who your audience is.
5. What is the first thing you notice when you visit a website/blog for the first time?
@thejasminebrand: The first thing I notice is lay-out then grammar and writing.
6. O.K. last question…what are your blogger pet peeves, i.e. typos, grammar, etc.
@thejasminebrand: My pet peeves are typos (and I’m 100% guilty of this), seeing the same content on EVERY site, that sort of thing…But it really doesn’t matter what I think because there’s an audience for EVERYONE. There’s enough room for all of us 2.
It was a quick Q&A, but if there’s one thing I always do it’s ask questions! I have no shame in reaching out to others, but most importantly, I love to share information! I don’t feel like I have to hold onto information because there’s competition out there. Teamwork makes the dream work!
This recognition and thanks is long overdue, but outside of blogging I have to pay the bills by working (lol) so time isn’t always on my side 🙂 So, onto the good news! I am the recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award, which recognizes blogs that do something different and exciting! In order to receive this award, you MUST be nominated or awarded by another blog site. I had the honor of being presented this award by another lovely blogger who is Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island Here it is:
This is what she had to say about me and my site:
Dani of DANITHEDREAMGIRL documents her journey to find her purpose and helps tell the stories of others along the way. I call her features The Dream Catchers because she exposes everyday people who are chasing (and determined to catch) their dreams. Subscribe to her blog via email for the latest and greatest in MOTIVATION!
To that, I say “THANK YOU VERY MUCH!” It’s nice to be recognized for the work that I do and the stories that I tell! So the rules state that I must share 7 facts about myself…here goes nothing:
1. I love to LOVE! I love hard! Once I’m comfortable with a person, my heart will surely open up to them. That’s the reason for me having such wonderful relationships in my life (just ask my close friends).
2. I’m very GIVING! If I have it, you got it. I will give you the last few dollars in my pocket if you needed it more than me.
3. I dream of a BIG wedding, but will more than likely elope just to save the money! lol
4. I love DOGS…they are so much cooler than cats!
5. I’m a Daddy’s girl! If you talk about my dad, there will be problems.
6. I like partying with my brother more than anyone else.
7. My TRUE lifelong passion that I never actually followed was to be a DANCER! I must find a way to fit that into my life somehow.
THERE YOU HAVE IT! Was that good? OK, now I have to pass this along to other bloggers! Can I give it back to the person that gave it back to me??? I wish I could, because I really want to…F it! I’m giving it back to her! Take a look at who I picked for this award!
1. She is the craftiest, most fabulous, amazing mother, friend so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that she is Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. If you need recipes, event planning tips, crafting samples/step by step descriptions, etc…you better act like you know and click on her link!
2. I totally adore Necole Bitchie, which is why she is my next honoree! I love her story! She went from nothing, to being one of the BEST bloggers out there. She received an award from Soul Train for being the #1 Soul Site. She doesn’t even know it, but she is one of my biggest, if not the biggest, blogging inspiration! You can make a living out of just writing and posting! She has a huge celebrity following, but seems very down to earth. She has celeb status, but remains humble…if that’s not versatile I don’t know what is!
3. My next lovely recipient is the creator of The Jasmine Brand. She is not only good at what she does, but she is totally down to earth! She took the time to have a Twitter Q&A with me to offer advice and guidance on how to be successful in the blogging world! She gave insight on how SHE made it and for that, I will always be grateful. She can chum it up with the big names within the industry and still chum it up with people like me who are on the come-up!
4. Next up! Oh yeah…she’s getting smacked with a DOUBLE award since she has already received it once! If you love shoes, you will love Shoeacidal Hotline. She is able to get exclusive interviews with our favorite stars who rock the best shoes! If you’re feeling a bit SHOEACIDAL, call her hotline!
The list isn’t long, but it’s packed with power! Check them out 🙂 Thanks for taking the time to visit Danithedreamgirl and share in my excitement!